Commonly called a cap, a dental crown can be utilized to treat a large area of decay, support a weak tooth, rescue a cracked tooth, or cover a discolored tooth. Created to fit over the appropriate tooth and custom colored to integrate with the surrounding teeth for a desired appearance, a dental crown maintains and reinstates functionality to weakened teeth. The dental professionals of Clement Park Dental Care offer numerous techniques for crowns to better care for the concerns of individuals in Littleton, CO.
During your initial appointment with an experienced member of the Clement Park Dental Care team, we will discuss the multiple crown options with you to allow you to pick the best material that meets your dental needs, appearance goals, and expenses. If you want to learn more about the types of crowns and by what means they can strengthen your teeth, then read below for further detailed information.
THE BEST CANDIDATES TO RECEIVE A DENTAL CROWN:
One of our dental professionals may propose a dental crown as a solution for numerous reasons, including:
- To restore a tooth’s functionality and look after a root canal treatment
- To act as a foundation to help keep dental bridges in place
- When a cavity is too extensive for a traditional filling
- Used cosmetically to disguise discolored or misaligned teeth
- As a way to cover a broken tooth, defending it from revealed nerves, which could lead to severe sensitivity and discomfort
- For protection of a damaged, decaying tooth to lessen future dental problems
- To act as a support structure for loose or broken teeth
TYPES OF DENTAL CROWNS
Based on an individual's concerns, tooth location, and desires, crowns are created from multiple materials. Whereas a number of crowns could last upwards of 15 years, others are merely a momentary solution.
- Temporary: This type of crown is made with acrylic or stainless steel and is usually created in the dental professional's facility for faster coverage, as opposed to a permanent crown that is prepared in a dental laboratory.
- Ceramic or Porcelain: Considered the most ideal cosmetic option, this dental crown has a color-match unsurpassed by any other material. Ceramic or porcelain crowns are typically used on the front teeth and modeled after the shape, shade, and size of the individual's natural teeth. This substance is also suitable for patients who havewho suffer from] metal intolerance.
- Porcelain over Metal: This crown is a choice for protecting forward or back teeth and enhances the security of metal to a dental bridge. The porcelain material allows the dentist to specifically match the natural enamel of neighboring teeth for a natural look.
- Metal: A metal crown is usually made from stainless steel or a number of other metals that are customized for the patient's required needs.
HOW IT WORKS
The primary step for patients in Littleton, CO to receive a dental crown is to talk with a dental professional at Clement Park Dental Care during a consultation. At this appointment, digital or physical impressions of your teeth will be obtained, which allows for the individualized fit of your crown. At the time when your crown is ready, the treatment site will be thoroughly numbed with a local anesthetic so the current tooth can be trimmed to ensure the crown’s fit. Additional impressions are necessary to evaluate the appropriate fit and bite prior to it being cemented of the crown onto the natural tooth or fixed to a dental implant. The proper configuration of your new crown ensures continuing durability. The complete treatment might take multiple weeks to finish because crowns will be sent to a lab for creation. When necessary, a temporary crown might be recommended.
As soon as the anesthesia has worn off, ordinary daily tasks may be resumed. The team at Clement Park Dental Care can give appropriate recovery instructions, which are essential to follow for an ideal recovery and healing. We will show you the most effective way to care for your crown, including specific foods to avoid. For individuals who grind their teeth or clench their jaws, a nighttime guard might be suggested to preserve your crown. It is important to maintain your yearly dental exams at Clement Park Dental Care in order to ensure optimal oral health. Routine daily brushing and flossing may help to prevent decay or gum disease and the requirement for further crowns later on.
Dedicated to your excellent oral health, Clement Park Dental Care offers treatments for men and women in Littleton, CO featuring the latest dental procedures, such as dental crowns. Patients who require a crown can feel comfortable knowing they have options that fit their aesthetic goals and budget. If you have been interested in receiving a dental crown and want to hear more regarding this advanced procedure, we encourage you to talk with us or set up an appointment with Clement Park Dental Care today.